miércoles, 16 de septiembre de 2009

STEADY

Editor's Choice Award for Outstanding Achievement in Poetry Presented by poetry.com and the International Library of Poetry 2007

This poem will be published in the next edition of the anthology series "Voices - a Collection of Poetic Works" done by Greenspring Publishing going to press this October.

Average. I will paint my life in shades of grey.
Thrill seekers die of adrenaline rushes. That’s not me.
My heart rate will not be elevated.
It goes beep, beep, beep. Steady.

There will be no drum solos.
No high pitch “I love yous”.
No braking before hitting the wall.
My tires shall leave no marks.

A thousand zeroes will not buy me excitement.
My mood can’t ever be disturbed. I am a sea with no waves.
I bear no life, parasites cannot live off of me. I am not a host.
I am a black hole, a nebula. I am the stillness of dust.

My heart is unimpressed by beauty.
It goes beep, beep, beep. Steady.
My world shows no evolution.
Time is not my platform, nor my diving board.

I shall know no emotion.
I am not a ying or a yang.
I am the blurry core, the insipid meal.
There is no eating me with a spoon.

But I… I shall never perish. I am eternal.
The unsolved riddle.
Age does not wrinkle my lining,
moths poison when eating my skin.

My rhythm will beat to no soul.
I am the music of the numb.
My heart will pump gasoline into your flow.
It goes beep, beep, beep. Steady. And then you go.

1 comentario:

  1. Congrats on your award! You truly deserve it! Your writing makes me want to go out and live my life.

    ResponderBorrar